Skip to main content

Mexican Street Corn Chicken

 Oh my goodness! This one is for the books! Seriously delicious! I can’t take credit because I found it on Pinterest so shout out to Easy Family Recipes! I do recommend making some Spanish rice to pair with it or even some cilantro lime rice! Oh I also went heavy on the cheese which isn’t a bad thing because I don’t know of anyone who hates cheese!! 



Mexican Street Corn ChickeN

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (4-6 thin chicken breasts)
  • 3 cups sweet corn (2 cans, drained)
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1½ tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Topping

  • 1/4 cup queso fresco crumbled
  • 1/4 cup cilantro chopped

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a large bowl, combine the sweet corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and chili powder and mix to combine.
  • In a casserole dish, lay the thin chicken breasts flat in the dish. Then season with salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Spread the corn mixture evenly over the top of the chicken.
  • Bake at 350˚F, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.) Then remove from the oven and garnish the top with crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantros.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...