Skip to main content

New Home

So.. It has been nearly a month since I last posted.. But, I have been so stinkin busy! First I will tell you about the greatest news we have had in a long time... WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE!! We have a closing date of May 31st!! We are so excited! The packing has started! We are staying in our hometown, and Kaylee won't have to switch schools even!! She is so glad that she doesn't have to switch schools! She won't have to switch Girl Scout troops, and no one will have to switch dentists, doctors or anything else that you may have to switch when you move. Right now we are planning on recarpeting the whole house, painting a few rooms (right now Nathan's room is pink), and painting at minimum the gray that is on the garage door and window trimming. If money allows, we are painting the house a dark blue.

Front of the house


Back of the house


Entry way


Upstairs living room


another view of the upstairs living room


my kitchen


another view of the kitchen (love the pantry)

dining room and patio door

upstairs walk thru bathroom

another view of the bathroom

master bedroom

our walk in closet and little vanity/desk on the way thru


this is the vanity/desk thing right before the closet

Nathan's soon to be blue room

down stairs living room (the door is under the stairs storage)


another view of the lower level living room (that door on the right is the laundry/utility room)


lower level bathroom


Kaylee's soon to be pink room


Natalie and Lily's bedroom

The yard is fenced in already and it has a shed for storage. There is a park just up the hill (that I played at as a kid) and one of the next door neighbors has two little girls (about Natalie and Lily's ages)!!! There is even a cul-de-sac right across from our house so the kids can ride bikes in it and there is a walking path not too far either! I am not sure if I am most excited about our own house, our own garage, or that I know the neighborhood because it is the one I grew up in!! Eeeekk!

Next, my kids have been SICK!! Yeah it has been a long and nasty winter in this house.. Which is very uncommon for us!! Natalie had strep, and Nathan was just in the ER Sunday night/early Monday morning! He was tested for strep, checked for pneumonia, had his ears checked, they tested his blood, and then Monday late morning we were back at the clinic and he had his urine tested! Everything came back negative and no one can figure out why my little guy has had a fever of 104 degrees! While we were in the ER they gave him a couple of shots of Roseffin (sp).. That sure made him feel better!!! He has been talking and crawling and playing like normal again! He finally spent the past two nights in his crib, something he hasnt done in almost two long weeks! And yes, I said CRAWLING! Nathan is crawling all over the place and he even stands himself up on boxes and the couch and anything else he can!

Then, little Miss Lillian has finally started getting her I-teeth (the fangs as some of you might call them)! All four of them all at once! She has had a fever and has been very tired and irritable to say the least! I cant say I blame the poor thing though! I guess its better that she is getting all four of the most painful teeth to get at once rather then one right after the other and dragging the pain on..

Joe is now officially a Ziegler employee.. He got his handbook, his review, and some plaque with their mission statement on it.. His boss also is already talking to Joe about the change to second shift.. Brad, his boss, said that he is thinking this fall would be a good time for Joe to go to second shift. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Excited because I will have daddy's help during the day when doctor appointments need to be done and when I have my MOPS meetings because then even when one kid is sick, I can still go because daddy will be home to watch them! :) Scared because it is something completely new to us. Scared because we wont have been in our house very long and I am not sure about one of the neighboors.. Joe and I were just actually talking last night about purchasing a hand gun and me taking the gun safety course and the handgun course with Joe when he takes that. A.) it will help me have a sense of security for the nights when Joe is at work and B.) the gun safety course is something I have always wanted to do and now this gives me a perfectly good reason to do it!

Now that I have chatted about everyone in the family but myself, I will start...

I have been super stressed lately.. with the house shopping, and family issues and some health issues.. You now know about the house excitement.. I cant get into much detail about the family issues but I can say that my parents are getting a divorce (it has been a long time coming I think).. Next, my health issues.. I have been having problems every since Nathan was born with my cycles. Heavy and terrible labor like pains.. I went to the doctor in January to a guy I dont normally see and his solution was to put me on birth control. I left his office and havent gone back. I didnt want a solution for preventing babies jack ass! I wanted a solution for my terrible pains that put me in my bed a few days out of the month! So.. I have let it go on for February, March, and now April and I have had it! I kid you not, not even my left over Vicodin (from the wisdom tooth being extracted) could ease the pains! I finally worked up the nerves and contacted my cousin who recently went through Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma! I was afraid to at first because I know that she went through a HUGE ordeal and had to give up some very important things. But I needed someone to talk to that might know what I was going through. Turns out she sort of went through the same things.. I now have a doctor appointment with my OB/GYN tomorrow afternoon and am going to bed and plead with her to do a D&C and hope that that will help with my pains. I also want them to biopsy and watch for growth of everything that comes out of me. Who knows, maybe it is just that something was left behind after the birth of Nathan, but maybe its something more? Or maybe its nothing at all and I am just a worry wart!! I would honestly prefer that, but the pains are not normal and everyone including doctors that I have talked to have said that. So.. hopefully I can get some more answers tomorrow and even through next week. If my primary Dr cant give me any answers, I will be going to the U of M and working with them on solving this..

There you have it..! A full family update!

Here are some Easter pictures! Enjoy and have a great rest of the day!!

Lillian eating the candy..


Natalie posing for the camera during the egg hunt


Kaylee found the golden egg and got a $5 bill!


Nathan like playing with the plastic eggs and bucket


Mommys big guy showing off his orange egg and basket


typical little brother move: Nathan stealing Lillian's easter goods

Lily and her easter basket


Natalie and her easter basket


... no there is not a picture of Kaylee and her basket.. she got crabby she didnt get something cool enough and stormed off to her room

Daddy and Nathan Easter Sunday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...