Skip to main content

Slacking...

Okay so I havent blogged in quite a while!! I am slacking! Sorry! I promise though that I have been VERY busy!

For starters, we are looking at houses. We looked at grandma and grandpa's house, and it needs extensive TLC before it can be nice again. It makes me want to cry! As a matter of fact, I did cry on the way home and a few other times since walking through it. Thursday we are going to look at a 5br/2ba home by Joe's parents.. Wish us luck!

Next we have Kaylee's birthday! Thats right!! She turned 8 last Friday!! It started out Friday night with a limo ride to go get an ice cream sundae because she did so well in a school fundraiser, then we headed to Pablos for dinner (birthday girls choice). There she got a free fried ice cream! The even put a candle in it and sang happy birthday to her! Dip stick me didnt think to take a picture of the lit candle or her blowing it out! Ugh! The Saturday we had both of her birthday parties. Her first was at the bowling alley with girl scout and school friends and of course Auntie Jamie and Auntie Kimmy. After that I ended up in the ER with Kaylee and Nathan. Kaylee had very painful pains in her abdomin. Nathan wasnt eating or sleeping so I instantly thought ear infection or sore throat. Doctor cleared him and sent Kaylee in for an xray! Needless to say the birthday girl was late for her second birthday party of the day, the family party! Turns out she is very constipated!


Samantha, Mara, & Molly

Julia, Jaqueline, Kelsy, & Jamie

Riley, Amanda, Kaylee, & Meghan

The whole group we took bowling!

Kaylee's awesome cake made by a MOPS friend.

Kaylee and her cake

"one minute Lori" as Kaylee reads the sleepover coupon from Amy & Matt

She LOVES the Theis' & Jung's

Tissue paper went flying with excitement!

New shoes from Theis'

Reading the card after opening 1/2 of the gift already :o)

Clothes from Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Steve

Then on Sunday is when we had gone to look at the house in Apple Valley and then we got to go pick up Girl Scout cookies! (which are on sale Feb. 5th!)

Next I will tell you about my hell filled day! Monday!! I send Kaylee's teacher an email letting her know that Kaylee will have an extra pair of bottoms in her backpack because of her laxitive and constipation. Then, I randomly pick through my head to find a strange looking bug. I panicked! Google'd head lice (its the only hair bug I could think of) and sure as shit, that is what I had found! So I flipped through Kaylee's hair, then Natalie's hair and none the less I found eggs!! I panicked because Kaylee had been in contact with so many people this past weekend! From being at Grandma Lynn's, to Auntie Lori's, to Grandma Candi's, to Amy's car! Plus her birthday party at the bowling alley! I cried! I knew what this meant! A TON OF WORK TO COME!!! Thankfully Lynn came home from school early after I had called my mom and the doctors office. She went to Target to pick up the treatment stuff and a special shampoo and a huge box of plastic bags for me! Then she brought Kaylee home with her to treat her while I stayed here with Natalie to treat her! She also dropped a bag of bedding off in the wash machine at Lori & Goobers and took a bag of bedding to her house to put in her washer! Talk about a HUGE help!!! So I spent ALL DAY yesterday vacuuming, bagging, and picking kids' heads and treating them and mine! NOT COOL!!

Today was a little smoother. I had everything outside freezing in bags and some stuff being washed! Joe's grandma called to let us know that she could take on some laundry for us! HUGE BLESSING! She took on the rest of the bedding plus one of the MANY bags of clothing! We also had Natalie's pre-op today. The doctor informed me that Natalie's surgery might have to be post-poned!! (because of the lice) Then we go pick up some laundry and the mail. In the mail is an extra W2! SERIOUSLY?! We already filed?! Why did Joe's temp agency split his W2 in to two of the damn things?! So I call our tax guy to find out that we need to file an amendment. He doesnt thinks its going to be a big deal and said that it could go either way for us, we could have to pay back some of the $ we are getting back this year, or they could have to owe us more. I am hoping they owe us more! Wouldnt that be nice?!

Like I havent had enough stress to deal with lately!? Lets add a few more things to the list! I swear half of my head is now made up of gray hairs! UGH!

For just once! I would like for something to go right for us!! Is that too much to ask?

Ok I have to get to bed for tonight! I will come back tomorrow and add pictures to this post, so be sure to check back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...