Skip to main content

One Last Goodbye

Yesterday we said our final goodbye's to grandpa. I cant exactly describe the day in one word or even ten.. It's never easy to say goodbye to someone you love and you know you're going to miss.

Everyone was able to be there. Which was nice. My cousin Debbie and her family. (came from Virginia) My Uncle Bruce and his wife KC (came from South Carolina). And all of the family from MN too!

We got one photo yesterday..


Joey, Mikey, Kimmy, Me & Joe

One of the funeral directors was a complete pain in the butt! He was very pushy and rude and annoying to say the least. He was the 'squirly' guy! He honestly sounded like a squeeky squirl when he talked. Kimmy and I agreed that we were going to shove our feet up his you know what if he didnt back offf!! He told everyone that they would be closing the casket soon and that if we wanted to say goodbye then we needed to do it now.. So everyone went in to say goodbye. While mom was still saying her goodbye, he was very rude and basically shoved her out of the sanctuary. My dad had gone in to be with my mom and the guy told him he couldnt go in but dad just kept going.. the guy finally figured out that 'oh!' he was going to be with mom. DUH you stupid jerk! She just lost her dad! This was the last time she was ever going to be able to see him! Granted he wasnt alive but still.. Once that casket is closed it is closed for good! (in most cases for people).

On the way from the church to the cemetary we giggled and joked and harped about the squirly guy! Even once we were at the cemetary the comments continued. The funeral director that drove the herss cought that we were not impressed with the squirly guy! He said he would talk to him and let him know that he was out of line. So hopefully he isnt so rude at the next funeral that he has to do.
I got to spend some time with my cousin and sister after the funeral. We went to Savers, a thrift store in Apple Valley by the Walmart and Target kind of. Then we went to Panera to grab something to drink and to grab something small to eat. Then it was off to Unique in Burnsville! I had never been there so I wanted to check it out and since Debbie is a 'thrift shop junkie', in her words, we headed there to check it out! When we walked in we were all stunned by the store! It was HUGE! and they had some great stuff! I got Lily two pair of GAP jeans for $5 total for both pairs! I bet they are $30/ea regular price! I think I will be doing more thrift store shopping for our stuff from now on. After that we headed to grandma and grandpa's house to hang out for a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...