Skip to main content

SnowPANTS

We got our first snow of the year today! So of course the girls wanted to gear up and go play outside! They were out for oh about an hour the first time.. When they came in they started to take their winter gear off.. When Natalie took her coat off I noticed that she had her snowpants on backwards.. I helped her unzip them and when we got to the bottom of that zipper I noticed that Natalie had no pants on! All she had on underneath were her underwear! I asked her, "nan why are your pants off?" Her response was, "they are my snow pants mama I dont need other pants" bwahaha! Too darn cute and SO my Natalie! Unfortunately my camera was at home so I didnt get a picture but Erinn did so here is the one she got with her phone!


After sitting inside for a few hours the girls decided that they wanted to go back outside and make a snowman. So Joe and his brother Richie took Kaylee and Natalie outside and they made a huge snowman! I will have to take a picture tomorrow morning to post here on the blog!

Other then the playing in the snow.. we went to Target for dog food, cough medicine (I have had the same cough for the past two weeks!), and a few other things.. We also hit up Kohls to find Lily snow boots
 and Natalie gloves.. Talk about busy!! The stores were SO packed! And I am pretty sure every person that walked out of the store had some kind of winter gear! Haha!

The power also went out today! It lasted a few hours at Joe's parents house and has been out since 9am at his sisters house! Eeekk! The snow is so wet and heavy and sticky that it actually snapped trees in half! It was still snowing when we got home tonight! The weather guys prediction was that we would have about 10 inches..!! Ick! Dont get me wrong, everything is so pretty with the fresh white blanket, BUT loading the kids to go anywhere is such a hassle.. And snow is COLD!! And it makes the roads slick! Anyways..

Mr Nathan is awfully cranky lately! I am not sure what his deal is.. I know he has a cold but WOW! He is by far the winey-est baby I have had! Sometimes its very over whelming! Especially when he isnt the only one who is fussing for the time being..

I am thinking its time for bed now! G'nite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...