Skip to main content

Tastefully Simple Party

Today Joe found out that he did not get the job that we have been hoping for.. He is upset and that is understandable.. His manager, Lynn, told him that she believes that they will be hirring in January again. She also asked him to please come chat with her about his interview so she can help him out and prepare him for a better interview the next time around. Which seems very nice of her. She also told Joe that the Owatonna job that he applied for is about 3 weeks out from even interviewing and that she would understand if he were to persue that job.. She also mentioned that she hoped that he will stay in Brooklyn Park. How can you ask that of someone who had their heart so set on getting this job?! If he is that good that you can ask him to stay and ask him to come talk with you to help improve his interview skills, then why didnt you just hire him this round! Ugh! But at least she is offering her help.

Tonight we ended up at Lori's house for a Tastefully Simple party.. My girlfriend, Amy Jung, sells it! If you are interested in learning more about Tastefully Simple or ever need to order, you can check out her website! Their products are phenomonal!! And SO yummy! And since I already will never live this down, I will tell you about it myself.. I HATE seafood. And if you know me, then you know this. Well tonight Amy had a Creamy Crab Cheeseball Mix that was labeled as Cheesy Chive Warm Dip Mix.. I sampled it with everyone else.. I thought it tasted good with the chips and even went searching for it so I could taste it again and make sure that I liked it so I could order it.. Yup, nope! Thats when we figured out that they forgot to put out the real Cheesy Chive Warm Dip Mix and labeled the Creamy Crab Cheeseball Mix as that.. Ooops! Ok so maybe it is all in my head BUT I wont be ordering it haha.. The REALY Cheesy Chive Warm Dip Mix that they forgot to put out with the rest of the food got put out late and it was SOO yummy! Way better then the crab stuff! Haha!

Lily finally has had her last bottom tooth break through of the front four. So she now has 8 teeth..  Almost 15 months old and she finally has the front four on top and on bottom that my other girls had gotten by 8-10 months.. She has been very cranky with this tooth.. Rosie cheeks and all.. Poor baby girl..

Nathan was smiling and talking cute today.. I cant believe that he is going to be 4 months old in just two weeks!!! Time goes too fast! I wish I could hit the pause button and stop them from getting any bigger and older for just an extra year :o)


Anyways I am sleepy and the kids are all sleeping so I am going to bed now too.. G'nite!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...