Skip to main content

Our weekend

Friday night Joe and I were kid-less.. Yup not one single baby with us on Friday.. We ended up going to Granite City in Eagan for Steve's 50th birthday. It was yummy! We were in bed at 9:17! I still had some trouble sleeping.. but not near as much as I do when the kids are home haha! I woke up around 6am and couldnt go back to sleep until shortly after 7, and then I woke up for good around 8:30..

We ended up taking our pumpkins to an old folks home and then it seems like we did a whole lot of nothing afterwards.. We did go have lunch at Panera! (My new favorite place to eat or take a mini 'me break') Then we went to pick Nathan up (who stayed with Amy and Matt)! Thank you SO much guys for taking him!! Then it was off to urgent care and the pharmacy in Savage. Yup! Nathan was cranky and hadnt been sleeping very well and was really pokey at eating his bottle so I knew he had an ear infection. Not only did the doctor tell us that Nate-man has an ear infection, he also has thrush. So he is on two anti-biotics and is getting motrin twice a day for the pain..

Today was again a day I feel like was wasted away.. We woke up, fed Nathan, then Joe went up to his parents to work on his car and Nathan napped. Then we ended up picking Joe up to take him to Chaska to get parts for the car.. Once he finished the car we went to Lori and Goober's house until I met John, Candi and Bre at Holiday to pick up the girls! The girls enjoyed their sleep over this weekend! And it sounds like Papa John, Gramma Candi, and Benji did too! :o) Thank you SO much for taking the ladies!!!!! The look on Lily's face as she came walking out of the gas station with Gramma and Benji when she saw me was priceless! I wish I had a camcorder with me!! Then Kaylee and I were off to Girl Scouts.. We ended up being there from 3:00-shortly after 6:00!! Yikes! And to top it off, Kaylee's shirt didnt turn out.. Oh well! We can re-do it at home.. Then it was back to Lori and Goobers for a birthday dinner for Grandpa Steve.. Now, the kids are all sleeping and I will be heading to bed very shortly! Natalie and Kaylee have school tomorrow.. Ugh! Every day this week is booked to be busy! Not fun! Oh well maybe it will make the weekend seem like it came faster!

I am off to bed now! G'nite!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...