Skip to main content

10/1/10

The last week has been busy.. I am not going to blog about it because I dont believe that anything fun and exciting happened..

As for today.. it was our typical Friday.. school, post office, bank, (special trip to JoAnn Fabrics), clean up at home, and then when Joe got home from work I was let out to go have dinner and a drink with Amy! It was SOO nice to sit and talk with a girlfriend! Joe and the kids headed to his parents house around 4:30 so I left at that time as well. I went to the gas station to fill my gas hog of a van and then I went to Chili's with Amy. I got to sit and read into my magazine for 45 or so minutes as I got there early, and then we finally left around 8:30! Talk about awesome! And now our older two kiddos are off at grandma's for a sleepover! *extra nice bonus*

Tomorrow I will be heading to the Chanhassen Community Center for a vendor event / craft show in the morning. Then I will be heading to the Shakopee Fire Station for their open house. I will have the kids while Joe helps to put new shingles on the house here.. Then we will enjoy some awesome smelling enchilladas that Carrie (from MOPS) brought for us! I cannot wait to devour in them! They smell amazing! I wanted to cook em before I left for Chili's so I could eat them as soon as I got home hahahaha!

Oh another thing, Joe has put in two applcations for permanent full time employment! Both with Caterpillar! One job is in Brooklyn Pary (where he has been working as a temp since January) and the other is in Owatonna. Please please please pray that he can get one of theses jobs! We found out today that our health and dental coverage that we have had since Joe lost his job last November will be ending Oct. 31! So landing a permanent full time job is a HUGE thing for us right now! That and Joe would really like to not have the 'temp' title hanging over his head all of the time! It drives him nuts! Our goal is to get into a house and move summer of 2011! So this would just be another big step in getting closer to that goal! So prayers prayers prayers please! :o)

Ahh.. I am off to bed soon now.. Nathan and Joe have crashed in Joe's chair and Miss Lillian has crashed in her bouncy seat so I will get them to bed and follow! G'nite!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...