Skip to main content

Storms and appointments!

Talk about a stormy day today!!! Severe thunderstorm warnings, tornado watch warnings, lots of rain, etc. The kids and I had to venture out in the icky morning storm!! We were on the road by 9:30! Pouring rain and all! Gas station, bank and an appointment for Lily..

Lily got her very first apple tonight! I peeled the skin off and she enjoyed over half of it!! It was too cute watching her little face crinkle up when she bit into the apple that was too big to fit into her mouth!

Lily eating her apple



Natalie was again a stinker! She got purple nail polish all over the cup holder area of my van! And she decided she needed to climb into Lily's crib! I'm talking about a big crib that isn't easy for me to even lay Lily in it because it's so big and we dropped the mattress all the way down.. She also smashed Lily's fingers into a door on a toy.. Just because she didn't want Lily to touch it.. So a time out was given and again I managed to be called 'mama mean-a'! Some days I'm just not sure what to do with that little stink pot!

Kaylee took off for a sleep over at Grandma's house tonight! She was good today so she got the reward. Natalie was very upset that she wasn't allowed to go so we are hoping that she realizes that if she is good she will get the 'rewards' too! Kaylee also got to go to the Doctors office today! She has some warts on her foot that need treatment. She wouldn't let the Dr freeze them off so we get to deal with a daily cream at home.. Blah! I guess I'd rather had made 4 trips in to the clinic for freezing every three weeks but she refused. Oh well..

Joe went in for an appointment today too.. He has 'spots' on his arm (also has warts) and his wrist has been bothering him! They did an xray and nothing bone wise is wrong. The doctor believes he has a possible sprained tendon and told Joe to take it easy and wear a brace and if it doesn't get better then we will go in for and MRI to get a better look at what is going on.. I'm praying it's nothing serious and that it doesn't get worse and that Joe takes it easy and wears a brace! Not likely for him to wear one.. I offered to buy one and he wouldn't let me.. Probably because he knows he won't wear it! MEN!

Nathan is a stubborn little burp-er today.. He didn't sleep all too well last night.. I'm praying he does better tonight!! Maybe he has a tummy ache that is bothering him..

I'm thinking it's time for bed.. G'nite world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...