Skip to main content

It's Not A Choice

THIS IS YOUR WARNING: I AM VENTING!

I have surgery on Monday.. I have been stressed since my appointment on Tuesday.. The stress just keeps growing with each passing minute.

First, I'll let you know that I am having a endometrial ablation done (the endometrial lining of my uterus will be removed to stop the pain and heavy cycle that I have been having since Nathan was born). The reason behind the pain and heavy bleeding is because of the cells, tissues, and blood that is growing into that lining and not releasing with my cycles. So, with this done, that means that I wont have that lining there for a baby to attach to if I were to get pregnant again. Well the baby would need that in order to be able to grow. I have had enough miscarriages! Not only would the baby not make it if I were to get pregnant, it could cause me a lot of problems. It could end badly for me! It will always end badly for the baby and could potentially kill me! So in order to prevent killing a baby or myself, I need to have a tubal ligation done as well. I am a basket case!!!

Not only did my doctor tell me that I wouldnt be able to get pregnant again with the crap that is in my uterus, he also told me that I could do a D&C to clear it out but that would only last 1-2 months and then I would be right back to where I am. There is NO guarantee that I would be able to get pregnant in that 1-2 month time frame. Then I would have to go back in for another D&C if we wanted to try again or I would be in the same damn boat that I am in now! I am so pissed with people who think that this is a choice!!! Do not sit there and judge me! You dont know what hell I have been through..

Surgery is Monday morning at 8am.. I am scared, I am upset, I am nervous, I am relieved, I am hurt.

This is going to take some getting used to. Its not everyday that a doctor tells a 25 year old that she can no longer have kids. And frankly, doctors typically try to steer away from these procedures that I am having for women as young as I am. I have been to many different OB/GYN's and each has told me to "deal with the pain because we cant help you" for lack of better words. This doctor takes me seriously and finally tested and looked beyond an ultrasound!!

I am ready to be pain free.. I am not ready to be broken.. I am ready to not have to spend 3 days a month curled up in a ball crying because of the pain.. I am not ready to face that I can never get pregnant again.. I am ready to not have to plan my activities around of my period...

This isnt easy for me. I am having a hard time with this. I'll be the first to admit that I am not going to get through this with smooth sailing. I dont know when I will be able to handle being around newborns or glowing pregnant women. I LOVED being pregnant!! Absolutely LOVED it!! My doctors both told me that I was meant to have babies! I never got sick, I never had typical pregnancy symptoms, I never gained a ton of weight, I always had healthy babies, I always had good size babies, I always delivered my babies naturally, I never had to push long (even with my 10.5 pound baby), I WAS MEANT TO HAVE BABIES!! Lots of babies!

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the beautiful babies that I have! I am thankful beyond belief for the beautiful babies that I have. I wouldnt trade any of them for the world!! I dont care that I had Kaylee at 16! And you sure shouldnt either. Joe and I raised that little girl and we paid for everything that she needed (minus Grandma Lynn and Grandma Candi spoiling her).. We then went on to get married when I was 19! I wouldnt change that either!! Then Natalie came along at 20! And Lillian at 23 after 3 miscarriages, and Nathan at 24!! I am young and I am proud! I have my home, my husband and my beautiful and healthy babies!

But I am still terrified and sad.. And you cant say you understand unless you have been there and done that. Thank God for my cousin Melissa, and my mops friends, Evie, Carrie, Rebecca, Carol, Pam, Laura, and everyone else who has been there to show their support and to share their stories if they had them. I dont know what I would do without my support system!

So please, dont judge me and dont think that being unable to have more children is my choice nor is it Joe's.

I hurt because I cant give my husband any more kids. I hurt because Nathan will never have a little brother! I hurt because I will never be able to feel the precious kicks and flutters that being pregnant provides you with. I hurt because it was not and is not our choice to not have more kids. It was the cards that God dealt me. God has a plan for us and we may not know what it is yet, but he put me in this position for a reason! God will help me get through this. God will provide and protect. God will be there always even when I have such a hard time adjusting to this and have lost some hope. I know that because my God is awesome and my God is amazing and my God works miracles!!

Comments

  1. God bless you Mary!! You will rise above this and go on to have a wonderful life with the kids you have! It will take some time to be around babies and pregnant women. It did for me after my miscarriage. But you WILL heal both mentally and physically. I can't say I know what you are going through. But I sympathize with your pain. We all have gone through some thing life changing. Please know that I pray for you! Love and prayers, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...