Sunday, November 12, 2023

Crockpot season is the best season

 This recipe has been in my collection for many years now. A dear friend from middle school/high school shared it with me and we haven’t made it in a hot minute so when my husband said stroganoff I immediately thought of her and went to get what was needed. With each year we get older and unfortunately have grown apart but I still think of her often. So for the sake of where I got this recipe from it will forever be known as Amber’s Stroganoff. This recipe is doubled! Half it if you’re not feeding a crowd.


Amber’s Crockpot Stroganoff 

Ingredients

2-3 lbs stew meat
2 cans cream of onion
2 cans golden mushroom
2 cans of sliced mushrooms
2 blocks cream cheese
16 oz sour cream
Egg noodles

Instructions

Get your crockpot out
Put a liner in it or spray it well
Place the stew meat, soups and mushrooms in the crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours
With an hour left add in your cream cheese (I chunk mine up) and your sour cream. Give it a few good stirs that last hour to help break down the cream cheese. 
Cook your egg noodles 
Serve the stroganoff over the noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment