Skip to main content

Grandma Rand's Spaghetti

Another 'Grandma' recipe! I can smell this anytime I think about Grandma and Grandpa Rand coming to visit us in MN or when we went to visit them in Washington (or maybe it was California) (or both) haha! I request this each time I see them! It is the BEST spaghetti I have EVER had!!!

Spaghetti

A Note from my Grandpa Rand:

     "As it cooks, it will begin to smell delicious.....what you do is wrtie this down and save it..each time you want to make it, grab the card the recipe is on and follow it exactly until you memorize it..."

1 pound of ground beef
1 cup of chopped onion (I use a large white onion because I like white onions)
3/4 jar of minced garlic
1 large can of diced tomatos
1 small can of diced tomatos
1 small can of tomato paste? 6 oz size
1/4 cup snipped parsley
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1 bay leaf

Now, grandma has a large electric frying pan with a lid and here is what we do:

I place the meat in the frying pan and brown the meat
then I start adding all the ingredients, just put it in the frying pan and stir it up
add 2 cups of water as you start placing all the ingredients in the frying pan
after you get all the ingredients going and stirred up and it looks like it is all mixed together
bring it to a boil and then once it starts to boil, you can turn it down to simmer for about 3 hours
This electric frying pay we use, we place it on 350 to bring everything to a boil.
stir occasionally to keep everything looking good
In about 3 hours of simmering, your sauce will thickin and be ready to place on your spaghetti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marry Me Meatballs

 I can’t say no to crockpot recipes and Your Barefoot Neighbor shared this one so I had to try it. I’d like to say my children aren’t picky but they all have their own quirks when it comes to food and my youngest daughter didn’t care for the sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone else enjoyed it as it is.  Marry Me Meatballs Ingredients 2 lbs frozen Italian meatballs 4 C chicken stock 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped  1 can cream of chicken soup Italian seasoning Garlic powder Onion powder  Red pepper flakes 2 lbs gnocchi (shelf stable ones) 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream Baby spinach  Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shaved Parmesan) Directions Add meatballs, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. When that is done add in your gnocchi, heavy cream and baby spinach and cook for another 30 minutes on high. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic toast. 

Sausage & Rice Casserole

 Last night we failed to pull anything out of the freezers for dinner. Seems to be a common thing here in this house and it’s quite frustrating. I went to my fridge and saw the mushrooms I had gotten and remembered there was a TikTok recipe for them. Y’all this was the EASIEST meal!  Sausage & Rice Casserole Ingredients  1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage 2 pouches of Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice  1 1/2 C. Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded  1 can of golden mushroom soup 1 package of sliced mushrooms  Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, add in mushrooms once almost all the way cooked. While that’s cooking down, pop your rice pouches in the microwave per the instructions. When they’re done add them in with the sausage and mushrooms. Also add in your can of golden mushroom soup and the shredded cheese. Mix it all up and put in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes

Oh man! This side dish is absolutely one we will be keeping around! It’d be really good on the smoker too! I do feel like it’s missing some seasonings so the next go around we will play with adding in some smoked paprika and garlic too!  Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients   8 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced 2 medium onion, sliced into rings salt and ground black pepper to taste 6 tablespoons butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups milk 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese   Directions   Gather all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer onion slices over top, then top with remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and salt and cook, whisking constantly until raw flour flavor has cooked off, abo...